Leo Lichtman

Arch wrote: (clip) I wonder if someone in the ng could come up with a way to
lessen the pain. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
As a practical matter, I think we can forget about changes in chuck
construction. Anything what would allow the jaws to slip in and out, yet
hold well, would make the chuck very expensive. Might as well just buy two
or three chucks.

My solution is to have two chucks, with different jaws mounted. I can
usually find a way to use one of the pair. If not, I change jaws. For
this, I use a rechargeable screwdriver with an Allen wrench inserted. It's
pretty fast if the rechargreable batteries are fresh.

The other thing I do is drop a magnetic parts tray on the ways, to hold all
the loose parts. Less reaching, AND, if a screw falls out of my fingers, it
does not go down into the 6" of wood chips I keep on the floor to protect my
tool tips.