Doug Kanter

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 21:37:40 GMT, (Curly
Sue) wrote:

Best of both worlds- rake the leaves into a pile (quietly), then use a
leaf vacuum/shredder for two minutes to suck them into a bag. Another
advantage, 1/2 (or less) the number of bags. Save the shreds and use
them for mulch in the garden.

Alternatively, just mow the leaves and let them disintegrate in place.

I would have thought this the most logical thing to do. Feed the
raked leaves into a mulcher. The shredded product will be a lot
easier to bag or to spread. Come to think of it garden tool
manufafturers should invent either a lawn mower attachment effective
for sucking up and shredding the leaves then throw them into a bag via
a chute. Or otherwise make a dedicated machine for this. It will be
a welcome companion to the leaf blower.

I haven't studied it closely, but my new Honda mower's instruction book has
a chart of different blades you can install if your work tends more toward
one purpose than another, or if you want to make seasonal blade changes.