Doug Kanter

Agreed. I stupidly punished myself by not exploring water for about 3 years
after I moved. The Finger Lakes and the Adirondack lakes are gorgeous, but
there's still nothing like a real beach, especially after Labor Day, when
the lawyers and fashion queens have vacated.

"xrongor" wrote in message
that was the ONLY thing i missed when i moved inland. the beach...

randy

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
I followed a woman here to get married. Left Long Island, which had
advantages and disadvantages. I don't miss the traffic, or the fact that
women there put on 12 pounds of makeup just to run to the grocery store
for
a gallon of milk. But the beach....at least there was the beach.

"Art" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Your worried about leaves? Wait till it snows. Glad I left Rochester

20
years ago.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Rochester NY: We're being buried in leaves. My son and I raked up 40+

bags
of leaves in about 2 hours this past Sunday. We seem to be alone in

the
use
of that prehistoric tool, the rake. I'm surrounded by neighbors in
their
early 30s to mid 40s, in good shape, all of whom use leaf blowers and

take
all day to gather the same amount of leaves. And...cripes....the

noise!
Want
an investment tip? Hearing aids - the Next Big Thing for an entire
generation.

What's with these things? Is Home Depot putting guns to peoples'

heads
and
forcing them to buy leaf blowers?

End of Totally Pointless Rant