Edwin Pawlowski

"Here to there" wrote in message

Personally, I don't see why some people have such an issue with leaf
blowers. Sure, they're noisy. So are cars, lawnmowers, 390/490/590,
electric hedge trimmers, etc.

Because they are noisy. I don't care how loud it is if it was just you that
was hearing it, but I don't like to hear a couple of mowers going at 5 or 6
PM on an otherwise quiet Sunday while I'm trying to relax and enjoy dinner
on the deck.

I don't complain during the week after work or Saturday. I use a power
mower also. But I refuse to make noise during the weekend dinner time.

Yesterday I was raking my leaves. The neighbor across the street was
blowing his and I had this constant whine in my ears from it and I was 400
feet away. I finished first though as raking was faster that the blower
would move them.(there are probably higher powered ones) I considered
getting one myself, but I can see they don't really save time. He was
complaining that using the blower was causing some pain in the wrist.