Ken Taylor

"Jim Lazzaro" wrote in message
m...
I have this Masuda S25TXS ctv-8259 whitout the original remote;
I am trying to use a universal remote (auto search) which does make
all the controls respond except for the power on/off button: when I
power off it does click but goes to a spare channel(just snow) and
when I power on it clicks and returns to the channel I was viewing
(with sound and picture, it acts as if TV turns on from an already on
state).

Which one is most likely at fault? the universal remote signal code or
the standby function of the TV? Please help as I need some real
expertise here before I venture into purchasing another remote.

Thanks
Jim

Did you find that controller setting by scanning for the On/Off function,
and if so was there another which more closely matches the set? Sounds like
the settings almost, but not quite, match up. Look for another would be my
suggestion.

Ken