Joe Woody Woodpecker

I have a Delta 28-195 10" band saw and I find it works great. When I
first sat it up, I mounted it to the stand that comes with it. This put
the table at eye level when sitting in my wheelchair cutting wood.
Later, I decided to make the band saw turn on my DC automatically and so
I removed the saw from the stand and sat it on a 20" HTC tool stand and
it became the right height for cutting wood while in my wheelchair. I
bolted the band saw to the tool stand and added a couple drawers and a
remote switch. Now when I turn on the saw, it in turn, turns on the DC
and my work light.

I have found that the three wheel units are more a hobbist unit for very
light duty work. The Delta 28-195 10" may have been discontinued with
the number change that Delta did on all of their products.

I would like to add that I also installed a stabilizer and a low tension
blade. The low tension blade & stabilizer allow no fuss with tension to
have a saw cut like a scroll saw. When I put the blade on after
installing the stabilizer, all I did was snap it onto the two wheels and
adjust the stabilizer.

--
Woody

Check out my Web Page at:

http://community-1.webtv.net/Woodwor...workerJoesInfo

Where you will find:

******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03

* * * Build a $20 DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03
* * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03
* * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03
* * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03
* * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03
* * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03
* * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03
* * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03