Rob Morley

In article , "N.
Thornton" says...
snip
See in2minds post he has the tee shirt.
Send the kids and Misses on holiday or to the M in Laws for a week get your
pals round hire a skip etc this of course takes a lot of forward planning
(thinking it through) arranging plasterer to come and do his stuff. When you
put up the plaster board on the ceiling make sure to stagger them and use a
good scrim on the joints(well make sure the plasterer does if he wont, some
dont, sack him). Bear in mind you have to make a platform of scafold boards
on cripple stands(hired) to cover the floor so that the plasterer can get
the right hight to plaster as he has to have the ability to walk back and
forth to get a fine finnish. Thats all I can think of at the moment as its
some 15 years since I did anything like this as a diy project.
Best of luck MikeS

I'm puzzled, as I cant think of any possible need for a plasterer. You
lift the floorboards, cut and fit 2x4 to the joists to level them, and
refit the boards. Number the boards and they can go back in the same
places without any cutting. Shouldnt need a skip either.

in2minds had to replace rotten joists, and therefore the ceiling below
as well.