Chris Hornberger

"Tom Dacon" wrote in message
I'm looking around for a good small woodworking bandsaw for my garage

shop.
The one I've got right now is one of those little 8" Delta saws. I think
it's never seen a piece of wood that didn't scare its little heart to

death,
even with cool blocks, a 3/8" blade, and all the tension I could screw

into
the blade tensioner. About the only good experience I've ever had with it
was cutting rigid foam, and I've concluded that it's useful only for

taking
up space that might be better occupied by a better tool.

Husky (A private label at Home Despot) makes what seems to be a pretty
decent unit. I haven't used it myself but the demo the guy at one of the
stores was doing seemed to do ok. I'm going to be getting one too... same
idea as you... casual use, midrange product, affordable, so it's one I'll be
looking at pretty closely.