Stormin Mormon

Did you see the part about "floor grid provides air circulation"? Sounds
like the bottom is less strong. Might want a taller post, and mount it
through the back?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"orangetrader" wrote in message
Just got this mailbox and would appreciate some advise on how to mount it on
a post. I plan to buy a 4x4 pressure treated wood. But I am scratching my
head on how to mount this box to the post.

The mailbox can be seen in this site:
http://www.canadianmailbox.com/catalogue/janzer.htm in the top picture
where you see the three white mailbox, the middle one - model 117. It is
made of heavy fluted aluminum. There is no hole in the bottom of the box,
so I need to figure out a way to attach it to the top of the post.

One thought is to just drill several holes at the bottom aluminum plate, and
drill similar holes into the wood, and then use heavy duty galvanized steel
screws to screw the bottom to the post? or are there some plates and angles
I should use that will do a better job?

Thanks in advance,