Stormin Mormon

I was also thinking start up load. Sometimes the electrical switch has an
adjustment, so you can set the "turn on" pressure down a bit lower.

Or you can make a pinhole leak right after the compressor, so that when the
comp starts, it's under zero pressure. Needs a check valve after the pinhole
leak.

Best bet is to check the volts and amps at startup, and see if that tells
you something useful.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
news On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:02:05 GMT, "Red Neckerson"
wrote:

Also, you aren't running it with an extension cord are you? I had a

neighbor
that had trouble with his. Worked fine for years and it started tripping

the
breaker. He put a new breaker in - same thing. Bought a new capacitor and
then eventually bought a new motor. I asked him what he was doing different
and he said he was using it away from his shed and had it hooked to a 100
foot extension cord. Bingo. That was his problem.

That was exactly my problem too. There is a voltage drop if your
extension cord is too long. That plus the start-up load trips the
breaker. The solution

1. Use an extra long air hose instead. There won't be any air
pressure drop and the tools will work at full power.
2. Open the air tank valve to release the pressure so that the
start-up load isn't high enough to trip the breaker. This is still a
poor solution because the breaker will still trip, though less often.