Rick

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Gilmer you know Zip about what 98% of the US pays for electricity. It is
more than twice the cost of gas per BTU...... Heat pumps? here it goes
to -20, so no heat pumps. Gas is cheaper, again.....

Electricity is so much more money that in fact the Chicago utility
company used to give free and instal free an electric furnace and
utility upgrade. Because they would have a rapid payback. And of course
, to the surprise of the recipient who was shocked to death over his
more than doubling of utility costs.

Figure this, gas is used to generate electricity here. If electricity
was competive Electric furnaces would be in competion with gas. I dare
you to find a residential electric furnace istaler in areas of the US
with .11 kwh- .13 kwh costs, that is all of the US that is not Hyrdo
subsidised

Well here in Canada (Vancouver) we pay 6 cents/KWH which IS cheaper than gas
at $11/GJ (approx 10 therms). I zone heat with electricity and my heating
bill is $200/year vs $1200 for gas.