JT

Thanks! That's exactly what I ended up doing, and it seems to be
working pretty well. Unfortunately, we just finished painting all our
rooms, now they're covered in sawdust! cant win!
thanks again

"Mark & Mary Ann Weiss" wrote in message thlink.net...

Particle board was definitely used in lots of '70's houses. My parents

have
one of those, and since they are installing hardwoods in yet another room,
they are dealing with the same issue. I'd simply set my circular saw to a
reasonable depth, cut the particle board into managable sections, and use

pry bar to remove it.

KB

Same here for one bedroom. I tore it all up and replaced it with 5/8"
span-rated underlayment. Lots of work, but can be done in half a day or less
if you're organized.

--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION ? FILM SCANNING ? DVD MASTERING ? AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
Business sites at:
www.dv-clips.com
www.mwcomms.com