jeff

(Eugene) wrote in message om...
Hi. I have an old GE Heavy Duty washing machine that has started to
"walk". Having checked most of the obvious things, I wish to remove
the drum to see if I can find the cause of this. There seems to be no
obvious, or easy way, to remove the drum. I have removed the agitator.
My Readers Digest repair books can't help with this. Thanks for any
help.

Hi,

No model# posted, one of these may help....

Unplug washer. Remove agitator from washer by pulling straight up on
it, some agitators have a bolt under the cap, remove cap and look for
a bolt first. Remove the agitator bearing from transmission hub. Get
top up by pressing on 2 clips located about 6 in in from side between
top and cabinet. Putty knife or flat blade screwdriver works well
here. Take the filter flow tube off. Lift top. Remove three bolts
holding basket to hub. Lift basket out of washer.

http://www.applianceaid.com/genew2.html

Two different styles fo GE washers above.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/