Dave jackson

If you have newer windows, the sun may not be a big a problem as you think.
Many windows have a LoE coating which, simply put, is a coating of silver
which filters out much of the uv rays. More recently, some windows are even
coated with 2 layers of silver (LoE2) which blocks almost all the uv rays.
Check the glass and see if it is marked anywhere in little letters, or maybe
the manufacturer could tell you more. -dave

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
om...
I want to build a low table just under one of my windows. The window
is the sunniest one in the house. I'm concerned about the sun fading
the wood... and Colorado sun is merciless.

What would be a good choice of wood and finish for this? I might even
put some UV protective glass on the top.

I happen to have some hard maple, lyptus, and zerba wood already in my
shop, not that I would not go out and buy something else....like
walnut....

What say y'all?