IMM

"JB" wrote in message

"Set Square" wrote in message
JB wrote:

Jesus! I had no idea the older ones were as bad as that! Time to talk
to a few suppliers I think.
thanks again,

JB

Remember if you *do* go for a new condensing boiler, it doesn't *have*

be
a combi - there are plenty of conventional boilers around. If you *do*

go
combi, you can *still* have stored hot water by using the HW side to

heat
(say) just the water for the kitchen tap, and use the CH side to heat

the
radiators *and* the hot water cylinder - using suitable zone valves.
--

I didn't know you could do that! I really must do some research into this.

do want to be able to DIY this retrofit, (except the gas of course), but I
want the job to be as straightforward as possible.

A condensing combi is the easiest, and most cost effective, and will meet
your requirements without power showers pumps and all the rest of it.