GregP

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:13:57 -0500, "bob"
wrote:

I sold my Craftsman band saw back in March through an ad in the paper. The
first guy bought it. He drove up in an old Volvo, looked at the saw, cut a
board or two and wrote me a check. Said he'd be back with his SUV to pick
it up in a day or two. Well, here we are 8 months later, and the damn thing
is still sitting in my garage. I leave him a message every few weeks, he
says he's coming by, but never does. I'm tempted to leave it on his front
porch one of these days.... And yes, the check cleared.

I did that t someone: I bought and paid for a 24-ft boat from
him and then didn't pick it up for 10 months. My father's death,
winter, a family sickness, and some major projects at work
intervened, but I didn't feel like talking about them when the
guy called asking me when/if I planned to pick it up.