LRod

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:32:49 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"LRod" wrote in message

It is my opinion, based on my experience, that those who espouse
mineral spirits, WD-40, and other mild solvents have not tried
kerosene because if they had, they would never bother with the others.

It is that much better.

Maybe ... but I rarely have any other use for kerosene in a woodshop, while
WD40, another petroleum based product with similar solvent properties, is
always on-hand due to its usefulness for other tasks in a woodshop.

Besides, it is also THE 'killer app' for cleaning the stainless steel on
stove, rangehood, and refrigerator doors and tops.

Heh, heh. In my yout when I worked at a factory that manufactured
stainless steel sterilizing machines for labs and hospitals, we used
to clean them up before crating with a mixture of kerosene and motor
oil.

Yeah, I use WD-40 on the stainless stuff in the kitchen (range,
fridge, dishwasher, hood), but since I have kerosene in the shop for
cleaning off packing grease, maybe I'll mix some up the next time I
clean the kitchen.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net