Silvan

LRod wrote:

It is my opinion, based on my experience, that those who espouse
mineral spirits, WD-40, and other mild solvents have not tried
kerosene because if they had, they would never bother with the others.

It is that much better.

I agree. I got a new table saw last spring, covered in that goo, with wax
paper or something stuck down in the muck. I tried mineral spirits first,
because I had some at hand. It worked slowly, and didn't have enough oomph
to soak through and get up all that paper crap. Then I tried some
ultra-pure lamp oil, which is basically highly refined kerosene. Night and
day. It didn't even smell much.

(It makes great trumpet valve oil too. $1.50 for a 1/4 oz. bottle of
official bona fide trumpet valve oil vs. $6 for half a gallon of Ultra
Pure. Hrm. I'll bet a chemical analysis would reveal they're the same
damn stuff.)

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/