orangetrader

Yep it is intended for wall mount. But the larger model to it's left can be
both wall and post mount, so I decided to make it post mount.

I think I could put in a taller post and mount it like a wall mount and yes
there are 2 predrilled holes in the back. However I think a post underneath
looks better so I will see if I can make it work. It is a heavy and tall
one, so it will be tricky. Looking for ideas.

"I-zheet M'drurz" wrote in message
orangetrader wrote:

Just got this mailbox and would appreciate some advise on how to
mount it on a post. I plan to buy a 4x4 pressure treated wood.
But I am scratching my head on how to mount this box to the
post.

The mailbox can be seen in this site:
http://www.canadianmailbox.com/catalogue/janzer.htm in the top
picture where you see the three white mailbox, the middle one -
model 117. It is made of heavy fluted aluminum. There is no
hole in the bottom of the box, so I need to figure out a way to
attach it to the top of the post.

One thought is to just drill several holes at the bottom
aluminum plate, and drill similar holes into the wood, and then
use heavy duty galvanized steel screws to screw the bottom to
the post? or are there some plates and angles I should use that
will do a better job?

From the size and shape of this one, it looks like it might be
more intended for *wall* mount??? That's not to say you can't
put it on a post, but I would definately consider putting the
top of the post *behind* it, not on the bottom edge. I would
do just as you planned, but through the back surface to one
side of the post (I'll bet that's where you'll find the pre-
drilled mounting holes?)

--
The real Tom Pendergast [ So if you meet me, have some courtesy,
aka I-zheet M'drurz [ have some sympathy, and some taste.