Ollie

LR - What is the problem with WD40? It has worked fine for my cleaning and
other purposes.

Btw, we know that you know what SHMBO means. It is just a different
spelling for hu (who that is).

Cheers -- Ollie

"LRod" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:45:02 -0600, "Jeremy"
wrote:

What is recommended to clean the shipping grease from the cast top?

Kerosene is far and away the best solvent for shipping grease
(cosmoline). More agressive solvents such as lacquer thinner may
potentially damage finishes elsewhere on the saw.

Trust me, mineral spirits, WD-40, etc., do NOT work as well.

What does SHMBO mean?

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net