"Phil McCracken" wrote in message
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:_ptgd.4$fw2.3@trndny01...

wrote in message

Title says it all.

I am looking to replace the bag for a sears lawnmower that is less than
5 years old
Sears wants about $180 for it
Are there other sources for the same bag ?

Skip the bag and get a mulching blade.

The mulching blade is total crap.
My dog can mulch better...

Did you sharpen the blade before using it? If you use it unsharpened--as
it comes out of the package, it won't work worth a damn.

I have 2 blades which I sharpen and balance myself.
Even with a freshly sharpened blade, the mulching process is a
disappointment.

Right now, I'm not willing to spend any money for a new mower.
But at the rate that Sears wants to charge for a replacement bag, it might
prove more economical to go looking for something better for the price.