dalecue

Keith Young wrote in message ...
Hi
I have a Record Coronet Lathe.The headstock has a MT#1. When ordering
assessaries for the tailstock should I assume that if the headstock is

morse
taper #1, then the tailstock is also morse tape #1.
This may seem to the informed " a stupid question "
Since the headstock nose has a tapered shank and the tailstock a non

tapered
shank. Also the shank for the headstock is significantly smaller in overall
diameter than the shank for the tailstock.
Question again! When ordering a tailstock chuck what morse taper do i
request?

Thanks
Keith

Ps
Specifications state " Headstock Spindle and tailstock barrel bored to suit
a #1 taper shank"

My comment is the Tailstock shank is not tapered..

are you refering to the "Outside" diameter of the tailstock shank
if so, these are not tapered - the taper is "internal"bored - inside
the shank

I would be _very_ surprised if it isn't a standard MT1 tailstock

HTH
Dale

Thanks again
Keith ( Newbie )