Paul Kierstead

In article ,
"billh" wrote:

If you are knocking pieces out of a Talon with a skew then you have to be
digging the point into the workpiece. Always pay close attention to where
the top tip is at all times and make sure you are working above center.

It is usually the tip that digs in indeed, leaving a very unsightly
groove. I think the above center part may some of the problem.

helpful advice snipped for brevity

When you mentioned the Talon I thought you might be using it on a bowl-
doesn't really work except for decorative grooves made by the tip.
Billh

No no, no bowls for me. Thanks for all the help! It definitely helps.

PK