The Natural Philosopher

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Richard Blackwood wrote:

I have a 3 bed terraced house with sloping floors - about 3.5 inches
over roughly14 feet (the width of the house). My cousin who knows more
than I about these things says it should cost no more than £600 for a
carpenter to take the old floorboards up and put new, level ones down.
I was expecting much more but admit to being quite clueless wrt
diy/houses etc.

Is £600 roughly in the ball park?

If you do mean new floorboards, I doubt your 600 quid would even cover the
cost of the materials.

I would say that about £60-£80 per sq meter would cover the cost of
levelling a floor with new boards or chipboard laid over on sized battens.

But as others have said, why is it not level? Deeply disturbing...