Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:
The cartridge says that is contains SD-Alcohol 40-B. Apparently according to
goodle is 40% Alcohol/Ethanol. Specially Denatured means it is made
unpalatable to drink.

Use "surgical spirit", which you can get from any chemist, I buy mine
in litre bottles from a farm shop, because it's much cheaper.

Don't use methylated spirit. The foul smell is pyridine, which isn't
a good thinng to soak a razor in. Some people are more sensitive than
others.

Another favourite soak for razors is benzalkonium chloride. It may
blunt a straight ("cutthroat") razor though.

Since it's an electric razor, are these both safe on plastic?

I've got a Philips one. You simply rinse it under the hot tap. Brilliant.

--
*Happiness is seeing your mother-in-law on a milk carton

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.