Greg G.

Lyn J. Mangiameli said:

Well, you pretty much covered the points on the SuperNova 2.

Thanks, Lyn,
All based on press and reading 6 months of r.c.w - but no "hands-on"
review or whether it actually holds a workpiece securely. :-\

I've had a couple of them for a few of weeks, but an injured hand has
interfered with trying them out.

I hope it wasn't a lathe accident that injured your hand...
This thing is far more dangerous than I originally thought.

For all intents and purposes, they
appear to be a slightly smaller (and generally more usefully sized)
version of the Titan I have and reviewed about a year ago. You can get a
pdf of that review he

http://www.fholder.com/Woodturning/lyn.html

Another great site. I hope you don't mind if I steal your PDF's for
reading. I've read so many books, videos and web sites in the last
month, I think my head is gonna explode. And tool sharpening?
Cripes!

I've had the lathe for less than a month, and turned two objects.
Spent more time reading opinions, techniques and ad copy than turning.
Not to mention assembling segmenting jigs and aligning the TS and BS
in preparation for my "one great object de art".

I really like the Titan and love both sets of Powergrip jaws (one sized
for the SuperNova, the other the new larger size for the Titan). The
SuperNova 2 sounds like an excellent choice for style of turning you
most enjoy engaging in.

Thanks for the info.

Greg G.