Art

Is this a frontload Neptune? The older ones had a mold and circuit board
issue. Call Maytag to see if your is covered for the free repair.

"John" wrote in message
jstp wrote:
I'm very happy with the Maytag dryer I bought 8 years ago. I don't know
exacty what model it is, I think it says Dependable Care and/or Heavy
Duty
on it. I'm not sure what the equivalent would be today.

As for the Maytag Atlantis washer I bought 4 months ago, I am not as
happy.
Mainly, the clothes get roughed up a lot and the spin cycle doesn't get
as
much water out as our previous washer (17 year old Hitachi, small but
very
good, just expired). There is no setting for gentle wash + high spin, you
have to choose between one or the other, but even their high spin is not
very high.

Now I understand the comments by people who bought front-end loaders,
regarding gentler handling of clothes and high-spin water extraction.
However, our top-loading Hitachi was very gentle on clothes and had
high-spin, so it's not related to front-load vs top-load, it's really
related to machine design in my opinion.

"Chambers" wrote in message

I plan to buy a Maytag Washer and Dryer. Please give me any related
recommendations.

{Yes, I know about using Google to search for info. Been there, done
that}

Thanks

I bought the set (washer and dryer) about 2 years aog. I have not had any
problems with the dryer, But I have had 2 problems with my washer. The
first problem was a burned out circuit board. The tech that came out told
me that there were problems with the circuit board. He said that they have
been having problems with the boards burning out. I dont know if maytag
addressed this problem yet. The second problem is mold in the washer drum.
well actually its on the rubber flap that seals the drum to the washer.
Today actually it smelled so bad I looked on the website and it said to
clean it with bleach and water. I started to clean and then I noticed the
mold. I was using a solution of 1 part bleach and 1 part water. There was
a bunch of mold that I was able to get off but there was mold that I was
not able to remove. I will be scrubbing again tomorrow. I dont think that
a two year old washer should have mold, actually, any washer for that
matter. Anyhoo it also takes longer to wash clothes but it does use less
water. I prob would suggest the dryer but not the washer. By the way, I do
2-3 loads a day so lack of use, or sporadic use shouldnt cause mold.( I
think)