Chet Hayes

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message .. .
maxinemovies wrote:
Our manufactured home will be built soon and we've decided not to get
carpet in it at all. Instead, I've been shopping around on the web
(thanks to you guys for info and some great links) for laminate
flooring.

When we decide which to get and have it shipped, neither of us will be
able to install it. Physical limitations and stuff. So who should we
get ? Our contractor has said he doesn't do that. Does it have to be
someone special or can we hire the local handyman? (That assumes that
he's done it before and has references.)

Thanks again,

Maxi

Email addy upon request.

I would look to a floor professional and I would not order the materials
myself. Let the professional provide the work and the materials. If you
order your own materials and anything goes wrong, I can assure you that it
will always be the fault of the other guy.

Don't assume that you will save money ordering it yourself. The
professional has access to materials at prices you don't and they price the
job in total. If they don't make the profit on the materials, it will be
added to the labor. They have to make a living one way or another.

The floor professional will have the experience and tools to do the job
well and in less time than anyone else.

Sounds like good advice to me. In most areas, there are plenty of
local flooring stores. Also, HD, Loews, etc all supply and install
it. I would check with people you know, see who they used, get some
quotes and do it all from one source.

Depending on the size of the area and your budget, I would also
consider the real wood engineered materials, as they add more value to
the home and you will have real wood floors.