Kevin & Theresa Miller

AAvK wrote:

Same experience with anti-hunters. They will sit in a steak house and
describe the evils of deer hunting.

Hey man, the *sport* of hunting is NOT COOL or acceptable. Hunting for the purpose
of survival is totaly acceptable. And anyone in a steak house knows that the meat they
are eating came from the industry where the animals were raised for the purpose, it
ain't "hunted" wild animal meat. There's nothing wrong with the way I feel about it.

Poppycock. An animal dies either way. It isn't the killing of the animal
that's the thrill; it's getting out in the woods, breathing fresh air, working
hard, learning, quieting your mind, etc. that is the real draw. That fact that
you can supply your family with artificial hormone-free meat is icing on the
cake. A hunter's bullet is generally a better death than most animals
experience in the wild. Man's a preditor; hunting is just part of the natural
order of things. Some prefer to hunt in the wild where the outcome is
uncertain. Some prefer to hunt in a pen knee deep in manure where the outcome
is certain.

Go to a feed lot some time. I'd much rather be a deer that lived it's life free
before being taken by a hunter than a cow that's raised in it's own squalor,
feed unnatural food, and conked on the head by a hammer. They may be raised for
that purpose, but they live miserable pathetic lives...

....Kevin
--
Kevin & Theresa Miller
Juneau, Alaska