Lobby Dosser

(Ghodges2) wrote:

A guy approaches my exhibit booth and after looking at my 20 inch
cypress bowl, and says it is terrible that you have cut down old
growth cypress to make this bowl. I let him know that I did not cut
the tree down, but the logging company that did had piled the butts up
in a pile to burn and I was offered them by the owner before they
became ashes and smoke. Some people seem to enjoy attacking others,
when they should ask us where we got the wood before they start their
ignorant remarks in front of others. Just my thoughts. Things like
this ever happen to any of you?
Glenn Hodges
Nashville, GA.

A True Believer. True Believers are everywhere. Their whole purpose in
life seems to be trying to make you feel bad or look bad in front of
others. You either have to ignore them or have a snappy comeback such as:
'What would Ghandi think about your attitude?'. A good place to find
snappy comebacks is any of the books by Stephen Potter particularly 'One
Upmanship'. IIRC, one of his favorite retorts was 'But not in the
south.' I believe that particular retort would have addled what little
brain your inquirer had and he would have wandered off in a daze to
another booth, or perhaps sought a quiet place to nap.

LD