Barry Feldman

Default wiring house phones for VOIP?

Here's the deal. My Modem is in such a place that I can't really put it
near the main phone box.

I was told that if I disconect the incoming hard wires on the existing
phone lines and go out of the VOIP box with just a phone wire into an
existing phone jack the house will be wired.

First of all is this correct? Secondly I don't know which are the
incoming wires from the copper system is it the blue and white wires.
There's an old 2 copper pole connector box that looks around 40 years
old where the wire enters the house and disperses to the jacks.

Anyone with any knowledge of how to do this or if it can be done. The
sound on VOIP is good and the price difference is ridiculous

BF
Glen Head NY