Daniel H

Robert wrote:
No one has disputed my facts.

Well, I don't dispute your observation that the CAD prices often look
out of line with USD prices. However, you claim that it's because
either the Canadian market is not as competitive allowing a higher
price, or that the company is out to scalp its Canadian customers.

I'll attach a previous message that suggests LV may be scalping no more
than approx. 3% at the time the prices are set, which are well in
advance of when we the customer sees them. Given that the CAD has in
recent history been the loosing currency, I don't see that buffer as
that big a malicious thing.

If I'd have known back in June that the CAD would appreciate so steeply
over the next few months, I'd be a rich man. Fact is that nobody really
knows with absolute certainty what exchange will be like.

(And we haven't begun to account for foreign goods that are imported and
paid for in USD...)

Facts are Canadians pay more than Americans for items from a Canadian company.

See attached message. If you have data for previous years' (take the
low angle block plane, just to serve as an example) USD/CAD pricing,
let's analyze it.

Fact two Lee Valley makes more profit from it's individual Canadian customers.

To be determined from exercise above.