JohnD

Flights are cheaper in the US because there is more competition for
passengers. This is precisely why the plane is cheaper there, as
well. More competition leads lo lower profit-maximizing pricing. If
you can identifying the cost advantage to a Canadian-made plane
selling in the US I would love to hear it... I was merely trying to
explain the observed phenomenon of the pricing spreads, not pass moral
judgement on Lee Valley.

The reason Bosch sells for more in Canada is that the distributor,
Amiel, is taking a very high markup - significantly higher than that
taken by the retailer. I predict Bosch will pull the plug on them in
the next while.

If you consider the discussion a waste of time, that is your business,
but it is puzzling that you would then choose to participate in said
discussion...

"Upscale" wrote in message ...
"JohnD" wrote in message

If you really want to see how hard Canadians are getting boned, check
out Bosch appliances, or, Tegs tools prices on most things, but Fein

There's a whole pile of conditions that have an effect on why something
maybe more expensive in Canada and there's a number of areas where the
reverse might be true.

Have you ever compared the cost of flying anywhere in Canada to flying in
the US? I can fly five times the distance in the US for what it costs to fly
anywhere in Canada. How do you explain something like that? Centering out
Lee Valley Tools for being caught in the middle of exchange rate conditions
and country conditions is at best, a waste of time.