Derek Andrews

Default Morse Taper Drill Bits

Keith Young wrote:
#2 Tailstock
Anybody know of a Canadian source

I would try your local machine tool supplier. Locally (NS) I would call
Fundy Grinding in Truro. You could also try Busy Bee Tools, or KMS tools.

The problem I think you will find is that MT drill bits are most
probably made for the metal working industry and the bits won't be
terribly suitable for wood.

For most drilling operations upto half inch diameter, I use a Jacobs
chuck and a drill bit with a brad point.

I think I got the Jacobs chuck from Busy Bee Tools. If I remember
rightly, the Jacobs chuck came with a JT taper and I had to buy the
JT/MT adaptor seperately.

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com
Wedding Favors ~ Artisan Crafted Gifts ~ One-of-a-Kind Woodturning