Never Enough Money

I can't beat the reply post from Prometheus (the 8 fold path and all
that). However, I have some of my own Laws of Woodworking....

1. If you save you money to buy an expensive tool, as soon as you buy
the tool you'll need that money for an unexpected car repair.
2. "Measure twice, cut once" only applies to the test piece. It also
only applies if you're using Starrett. Otherwise, measure many more
times, always use the same edge on the same rule, etc. In fact, just
go buy Starrett.
3. As soon as you design and build a piece, Fine Woodworking will
publish an article that show you how and it'll be better, too.
4. When you buy the best of what is available, a new model will be
introduced that's even better.
7. As soon as the carcass is finishes, you'll have pangs of remorse
for not building it slightly different.
8. When you have a SWMBO, every tool costs double. The price you pay
the retailer and the commeasuaret gift you buy the SWMBO.
9. You will always be one clamp short.
10. The more enjoyable the furniture project, the more urgent house
repairs pop up.
11. If you want to give a piece as a gift on such-and-such date, your
employer will ask you to make a business trip 3 days prior.
12. Your shop will never be nice enough and folks on rec.woodworking
will post pictures of theirs that make you feel inferior. That's when
you seek "retail therapy" by going out to buy a new sexy tool to make
you feel better. After which you recall NEM's Laws of Woodworking #1
ans #8.

JM2C - Never Enough Money

Tom Watson wrote in message . ..
1. If you use the right blade and set your saw up the right way,
you don't need a jointer to create glue-line joints.

2. All whitewoods can be stained to look like cherry.

3. Sanding looks as good as planing, if it's done properly.

4. Poly holds up better than anything else in exterior
applications.