Paul Kierstead

In article ,
Tom Watson wrote:

2. All whitewoods can be stained to look like cherry.

Gotta disagree pretty strongly. I would say that all whitewoods can be
stained to look like the cherry you get at your local furniture store,
probably because said furniture is whitewood stained to look like
cherry. The real deal, nicely oiled (I love Tried and True) and aged a
bit, has a richness and beauty that isn't even touched by staining. Of
course, even quite a bit of real cherry furniture is stained for
consistent colour and to make it darker and that stuff as well is pretty
close to universally horrid.

PK