Jeremy

I wasn't too confident about the can labeled paint (or lacquer) thinner
either, although at Ace paint thinner and minneral spirits seemed to be
interchangeable. I came out with a quart of 100% Oderless Minneral Spirits,
Johnson's Original Paste Wax, and a tube of silicone to put in the joints of
the stand. I saw that in one of my Taunton's books to reduce vibration and
noise on contractor saws.
"Greg O" wrote in message

"DarylRos" wrote in message
Lacquer thinner, mineral spirits, the usual stuff. I prefer mineral

spirits. It
takes a bit longer, but the vapors are less hazardous. If you use

regular
rags,
it will be quicker than paper towels, and will elave less residue.

I would caution everyone about using lacquer thinner. It will attack some
plastics, and also some enamel paints.
On the other hand, mineral spirits are pretty safe. Either one will burn,

so
no smoking!
Greg