Dave Plowman

Default 2nd opinion on plumbing into drains

In article ,
Big Al - The Peoples Pal wrote:
Water from a washing machine going into a Soakaway drain rather than the
(presumably) Foul water drain that the sink water currently drains into.
The plumber recommended using the soakaway rather than the more awkward
problems I would have getting the drainage to the foul water drain. I
would tend disagree with him on gut instinct, as it might cause some
pollution problems.

Some plumber - did he come on a horse?

A pal did just this for both the washing machine and dishwasher, and
succeeded in causing damage to the foundations of his house which cost
large sums to fix. Of course I'd guess the soakaway was also faulty, but
putting large amounts of foul water into something not designed for it is
asking for trouble anyway.

--
*If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn