Red Neckerson

"Tom" wrote in message
newsk7gd.321434$MQ5.224771@attbi_s52...
I have a Sears 25 gallon/4HP horizontal compressor. When I first turn it
on
it runs fine and shuts off at 150psi. The problem I have is when the
pressure gets at the level where it automatically kicks on again it then
pops the breaker off and I then have to reset the breaker before it will
run
again. I have a dedicated 20 amp circuit with 12/2WG using a Square D
breaker and a 20 amp duplex receptacle for the compressor, and nothing
else
is on this circuit. Do any of you folks have any suggestions as to how I
can
cure this problem? Thanks for your help.

Check to see what the unit is rated at. Does it call for a 30 amp breaker?

Also, you aren't running it with an extension cord are you? I had a neighbor
that had trouble with his. Worked fine for years and it started tripping the
breaker. He put a new breaker in - same thing. Bought a new capacitor and
then eventually bought a new motor. I asked him what he was doing different
and he said he was using it away from his shed and had it hooked to a 100
foot extension cord. Bingo. That was his problem.