Simon C.

On 28 Oct 2004 08:19:43 -0700, (DavyW) wrote:

Dear All,

anybody got any information on the cost of using a tumble dryer? I'm
looking for approximate costs, i.e. cost to dry 5KG of washed towels.

Not exactly an answer to the question you are asking but...

Used to have a washer/dryer, utterly rubbish - as I had been warned.
Instead I now use a 'Z-shaped' clothes-horse/dryer/maiden (what is the
accepted name?) and merely point an 8 inch desk fan (30W?) at the
clothes. Arrange it all for maximum exposure to the breeze, i.e.
nothing folded just 'pleated' and you'll be astonished how quickly
things dry even in a cool room. With occasional rearranging/turning we
can get a whole pile of washing, including towels, dry in a few hours
(albeit in a fairly warm room) - quicker than our crappy dryer.
No noticeable condensation problems either for the occasional use it
gets, and it's certainly cheap. Big thick fluffy towels for some
reason seem to dry quicker than most other things too.