sid

" anybody got any information on the cost of using a tumble dryer? I'm
looking for approximate costs, i.e. cost to dry 5KG of washed towels.

Too many variables in that question really. What spin speed will determine
residual water content remaining in the towels. We did measure consumption
over 5 wash/dry cycles. (Separate washer and tumble dryer)

Averaged about 3 units for combined operation. Not have a clue prior to this
costing about the wash cycle consumption.

Drying consumption is fairly easy.
If you have the timer set to 70 minutes and it has a 10 min cool cycle then
it would normally be 2.2 kWh for the 60 minutes and 200 watts for the 10 min
cool time.. Price would be ( 2.4 x .07p) approx. 17 pence. (Check the plate
for the rating of your machine.)

Bit cheaper than the launderette