al

Default Paint stripping advice?

"John Jardine" wrote in message
Buy the cheap one. My cheapie has been abused summat rotten for years and
years and is still going strong. There's nowt in 'em so cost doesn't
correlate with quality.
I'd also add, that nowadays, the old adage about quality tools being

pricey
doesn't generally apply. I could scream at the number of times I've come
across people who won't touch the Chinese imports because they have

fixation
that a cheap price means an inferior product. (sheep
They'll spend hundreds on a DeWalt tool to be used only occasionally and
then snottily condescend upon DIYers who actually do the biz using tools
they know from hard personal experience to be of lasting value.
From an engineering POV, just compare the flimsy mouldings and poor
metalwork of a Bosch router with the overall much higher quality Chinese
imports offered at a quarter of the price.
regards
john

Sounds good to me. It's really just a hair dryer in a harder case! I think
I'll go for the Fern one from Screwfix though rather than the Homebase one -
at least I recognise the name. Got a cheap belt-sander from them before and
it works really well so far!