In misc.consumers.house John Gilmer wrote:

Frankly, I have usually lived where electric rates are reasonable (partly
because the utilities have build and properly maintained nukes plants.)
With the Canada hydro power, the NE should have reasonably priced electric.
If the NE had a few more nukes ....

1) The Three Mile Island cleanup is one of reasons electric rates are so
high in the NE US. :-)

2) Good luck finding support for building more nukes in the densly populated
NE US with all of this talk of terrorism. There's a battle over
offshore wind farms on Cape Cod because of "environmental impact" and
they will "ruin the view" and you think we'd be smart enough to build
_nukes_ before oil reaches $150/barrel?