jstp

I'm very happy with the Maytag dryer I bought 8 years ago. I don't know
exacty what model it is, I think it says Dependable Care and/or Heavy Duty
on it. I'm not sure what the equivalent would be today.

As for the Maytag Atlantis washer I bought 4 months ago, I am not as happy.
Mainly, the clothes get roughed up a lot and the spin cycle doesn't get as
much water out as our previous washer (17 year old Hitachi, small but very
good, just expired). There is no setting for gentle wash + high spin, you
have to choose between one or the other, but even their high spin is not
very high.

Now I understand the comments by people who bought front-end loaders,
regarding gentler handling of clothes and high-spin water extraction.
However, our top-loading Hitachi was very gentle on clothes and had
high-spin, so it's not related to front-load vs top-load, it's really
related to machine design in my opinion.

"Chambers" wrote in message
I plan to buy a Maytag Washer and Dryer. Please give me any related
recommendations.

{Yes, I know about using Google to search for info. Been there, done that}

Thanks