Dave Harnish

Hi!

If we're talking top-loaders, I wouldn't do it. True Maytag
toploaders ('Dependable Care') aren't being manufactured
any more, but are now basically Admiral/Norge/M'chef
machines with a redesigned cabinet and a Maytag nameplate.
You'll be much better off in the long run with a Whirlpool -
built 'direct drive' top loader. They're a very reliable, proven
design.

If we're talking front-loaders, I personally wouldn't buy any
of them. I'm sorry to have to say that, bc I like their water
and energy savings and their overall efficiency and performance.
But they just aren't lasting long enough to justify their cost.

I'm seeing rear bearing failures at 5-9 years of age on
average, and that's just unacceptable in view of their price.

That's my $.02. Hope it's of some help.

God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA
www.DavesRepair.com

570-363-2404

Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair
technician! Get your monthly email newsletter he
(Back issues now posted too!)
www.DavesRepair.com

John 3:3

"Chambers" wrote in message
I plan to buy a Maytag Washer and Dryer. Please give me any related
recommendations.

{Yes, I know about using Google to search for info. Been there, done that}

Thanks