raymond newman

'Ash' wrote in message ...
'raymond newman' wrote in message
om...
Today I managed to get a firm to bag it up
and take it away for £350.It would have
been twice that if they had taken it down.
I did it myself in the rain last week having
bought the mask mentioned in this group,
EN149.It was harder than I thought but I
did it in the day.The nearest disposal site
is Wiltshire and I'm in Gwent.

I think that's quite a good price. Over on the Isle of Man, we have been
quoted between £5,000 and £9,000 to remove and dispose of less than 50
metres of asbestos soffit.

Ash

The point is that the shed only measured
6'x8'and8' at the apex with 4 corrugated
sheets either side for the roof.The door
and window took up some space.It was in
fact asbestos cement which has a low
asbestos content.The blue and brown stuff
seem to be the problem as this is referred
to as white.
I need to change my Oxygen cylinder now.