Philip Lewis

"Red Neckerson" writes:
Gee, grandpa! Can you tell us the one about how you used to walk 5 miles to
school with burlap bags on your feet????

burlap!?! we had to weave our shead eylashes in to bags if we wanted
something to put on our feet.... and that's for the few of us that had
hair!

I too find that wood in general is of much poorer quality these
days. (and i'm only 33) I look at plywood and dimensional lumber and
plywood from the 70s-80s and only see that in the "premium" stacks
these days.

If you look hard, you can find good wood in the stacks, but i'd
estimate that it's only 1 in 10 pieces in my personal experience.
(of course, i'm looking for the closest i can get to quarter-sawn
as i can get... usually getting a just "off" center cut.)

--
be safe.
flip