RonB

Nice, simple and bookmarked for addition to a couple of my tools.

Thanks
RonB

"Ken Vaughn" wrote in message
ink.net...
Today I made a knee operated kill switch for my Jet table saw. Here is a
photo of the finished switch:

http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65j/knee_plate.jpg

I made a mounting plate from 1/4" Baltic Birch ply to which I glued and
screwed two pivot arms made from scrap oak. This plate was installed
between the switch and the mounting bracket:

http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65j/pivot_arms.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65...with_pivot.jpg

The knee plate was made from 3/8" Baltic Birch and scrap oak.

My design criteria:

1) switch should not interfere with depth adjustment wheel when blade set
to 45 degree bevel (it does not)
2) no obstruction of switch start button (it does not)
3) minimal forward extension of entire switch (adds about 5/8" -- 1/4" for
mounting plate and 3/8" for knee plate)
4) minimal throw to operate switch (about 1" at bottom of plate, about
3/4" where knee contacts plate)
5) minimal cost (made entirely from existing scrap and hardware)

--
Ken Vaughn
Visit My Workshop: http://home.earthlink.net/~kvaughn65/