Ken Moon

"Kip055" wrote in message
Is there anything special that I should know about Dogwood?

In my limited experience with dogwood, it is fairly hard, close grained,

cuts
and sands well.I had trouble with cracking. BTW, I never realized that it

got
that large-most trees that I've seen rarly exceed 8 inches or so in

diameter:
is "dogwood" in the east and south different from that found on the west
coast??

Kip Powers
Rogers, AR

Kip,
I second that opinion. My Dad's place in N. Alabama has an dogwood that is
over 50 years old (it was grown when we built the house in '47. I think it
is the largest I've ever seen (canopy about 35 ft), and there is no way I
could get a blank the size he's talking about. Max diameter is probably
around 10-11 in. Of course they do have some BIG trees west of the Rockies!
Maybe dogwood gets bigge there.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX