TURTLE

"Howie" wrote in message
Anyone care to comment on this information I receive by email from
"managemyhome.com". I have two questions:

1) Should one only "Don't go to the trouble of covering the outdoor
component of your air conditioner for the winter. If you wrap it in plastic
you can do more harm than good, trapping moisture under the cover. If your
unit has a large opening in the top of it, you could cover the top with a
piece of plywood held down with a few bricks to keep the snow out." ...
Should one only cover the top of the outside unit with plywood?

2) Should I shut the power off during the winter? It sounds like it is a
smart thing to do.

3) Any comments / suggestions / advice / tips?

Howie
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

This is Turtle.

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Make sure to uncover it and turn the power back on 24 hours before you start
using it.

TURTLE